Sunday, September 09, 2007

mr. vertigo


mr. vertigo, originally uploaded by marcofrey.

this weekend i sorted almost all of my paintings into 2 categories: photographed and not-photographed. so this morning i spent about an hour photographing artwork while the light was good and before my camera battery died. it doesn't last as long as it used to. i got a good bit photographed but still have a ways to go.

mr. vertigo here is an old fav! a simple little drawing that i then painted in, but it makes me smile every time i see it. it's a small painting, 5" x 7". at one of my old apartments, i had a border of little paintings this size all around my bedroom.

at that time, i was going to do a painting a day for 365 days and all the size of this painting. i think i got to about 30 or so when i stopped. i think i might try again soon...

2 comments:

emily said...

i really like mr. vertigo! congrats on reaching 500, marco! the strawberry you painted for me all those years ago is displayed prominently in our kitchen and always gets great comments.

marco said...

thanks emily!